Monday, April 30, 2012

Library Display

I love the libraries here in Jacksonville. There are so many branches around town that it is always convenient to stop by one and rent a few kids DVD's and get some new stories to read. My four year old will either get "stuck" on a book and we read it over and over or he will decide he only wants to read a "new" book and even though he has quite a collection of books none of them will do. So we spend A LOT of time at the library.

While I was in the Southeast branch a few months ago I noticed they have a display case right as you walk in the front door.


There was a sign that said you could sign up to display your hobby or craft. I signed up and set up my display on Saturday. It will be there for at least a month for all to enjoy. Stop by and see it if you are in the area!

6 comments:

  1. I, too, love libraries --- and arts/crafts! Looking forward to following your blog. {And just maybe I'll work on mine again!} Your display is fantastic. And the purse and wallet. Wow! I still have the beautiful card your mom made and sent me. It has palm trees and beach, etc. I love it!
    Have fun!
    Peace, Colleen (one of your mom's cousins)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words and joining me on my crafting adventures! My Mom and Grandma played a BIG role in my love of crafting, sewing and being creative and it is so much more fun when you share the things you love!

      Delete
  2. WOW!!! It looks fantastic. Great job Christina. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks to you Lee! I appreciate all your support creatively and otherwise...

      Delete
  3. That looks great Christina. Let me know if you hear from anyone that looks at the display. It should definitely catch some people's eye. The desk organizer turned out great and the purse--WOW! Nice job! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. I am hoping it will bring some interested people my way. I will let you know!

      Delete